- This event has passed.
Houston African Restaurant Week 2022
August 4@12:00 pm-August 13@10:00 pm EDT
African restaurant Week (ARW) is an opportunity to come together to celebrate the food and culture of the African Diaspora and support the dozens of local businesses working within this beautiful space.
Diners have a unique chance to support local establishments, celebrate the restaurant community, chefs, bars and local businesses and of course, enjoy great food!
Are you a restaurant owner, chef, baker, food truck owner, caterer, vendor ? Sigh up today
– Special prix fixe menu at various partner restaurants
– Gastronomy – Food Festival, Cooking Classes, Chef-Hosted Dinners,
– Community – Art Exhibitions, Business Panels, Health Panels
Houston African Restaurant Week will include a handful of restaurants all over Houston offering discounted prix-fixe traditional African/Black Diaspora inspired menus
OUR MISSION (Includes the below)
Boosting the local economy by highlighting various small businesses (including restaurants, cafes, bars) and celebrating African/Diaspora cuisine and culture.
Fighting hunger by partnering with local kitchens, restaurants and other organizations working to help alleviate this problem.
Promoting healthy eating options with our chefs and various partners – and connecting the community to where these options are available.
Fostering social good, building communal and cultural ties.
– HOW CAN ONE PARTICIPATE? During African Restaurant week go out and support your local restaurants and participate in the various events including food festival, cooking classes, chef-hosted events and more.
– WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? chefs, restaurant owners, bars, food trucks, eateries, bakeries and more – sign up here
– HOW CAN WE PARTNER WITH AFRICAN RESTAURANT WEEK? You can partner with us to host a cooking class, chef dinner, business panels, participate in food festival and more – email us at email@example.com
– WHAT IS THE AFRICAN RESTAURANT WEEK? African Restaurant Week brings together thousands and beyond on a “gastroafrique” culinary and cultural odyssey. (Food, Culture, Community) – an opportunity to come together to celebrate the food and culture of the African/Black Diaspora and support the various local restaurants/small businesses. The week includes special reduced price menus at restaurants, various events including – food festival, cooking classes, chef-hosted dinners and more restaurants throughout the region participate, giving diners a unique chance to support local establishments, celebrate the restaurant community’s perseverance, and of course, enjoy great food!
African Restaurant Week is a commitment to community development and social impact, and we’re inviting everyone to be a part of it. To learn more please email firstname.lastname@example.org